Have you walked into a "cat lady's" house and smelled that overwhelming smell of urine? Have you ever felt that your house is becoming the "cat lady's" house? Ok, it better not be that bad, but lately I feel like all I do is clean up urine (rather that than something else, but still).
Case in point:
Last night, Mitch got up in the night because we saw the light was on in our hallway so he went to check on the kids. He came back and said, "Someone must have gotten up to go to the bathroom. There is pee all over the floor." Lovely I thought. Back to sleep.
5 a.m.: Go into the bathroom, step in something wet. There is so much pee on the floor. My thought, "Are you KIDDING me? Mitch....you tell me they went to the bathroom on the floor and you just LEAVE it. GRRRRRRR." Being the awesome wife I am, I hold back from yelling at him and instead nicely mention "It would have been nice if you just would have gotten a towel and put it down so I didn't have to step in it this morning....just a thought honey. Love you so much though. :)"
Later, I go in the boys room to check on the boys and there is an overwhelming smell of urine. Ask the boys. Of course they didn't pee the bed. (Lately Jackson will tell me, "I think I just got really sweaty mom." Oh really Jack. That's so funny that you only get sweaty in your pants and no where else.) Creighton is damp (how he can pee the bed and continue to sleep in it, I will never understand). Time to wash the sheets.......AGAIN. I have washed them 5 times in the last 10 days. In fact, they were both sleeping on the bottom bunk because I didn't have time to get it made up on top yet. Now, here is the REAL reason for my huge frustration....

(P.S. Not actually the boys room, but that is the bed.)
Dear Bunkbed,
I wanted you so badly. I thought you were the perfect solution to a space problem. I dreamed of when Easton would be old enough to join the other two on you and then I would get another "room" to craft in. You failed to tell me what a PAIN IN THE REAR END YOU ARE TO CHANGE THE SHEETS ON! You failed to tell me it is next to impossible and I would break a sweat each and every time. You failed to tell me that I would hit my head numerous times every time I tried. And you failed to tell me that every time I would climb on top of you I would get self conscious about my weight because I felt like I was going to break you. I think you should add this to a disclaimer.
Sadly,
A Frustrated Mother
Ok, I'm done venting. I just needed to yell at the bed in writing.
2 comments:
good to know about those bunkbeds. i've wanted them so badly someday, it will be nice knowing ahead what i will be signing myself up for someday.
sorry about the sweaty pants.
i didn't check your blog for maybe 3 days and there were 100 posts to read!! i have a love/hate relationship with our bunk beds too. someday you'll get the the point were you can change the sheets once a month... that's a different kind of gross, huh?!?!?!
Post a Comment