Last Thursday we went to Parent Teacher Conferences for Jackson. His teacher talked about what a good kid he is and that he is ready to go to Kindergarten. She went over the skills he has and she said she tested him on his reading just to see if he knew any words. She said,
"He knew two words, I and a. That's good and I think he will........."
Did she just say he knew two words, "I and a?" Mitch and I laughed pretty hard when we got home.
Well, I decided maybe it was time to start being a good mom and start teaching him to read. Back when I was a great ambitious mother (with only one kiddo), I had my mom get Jackson the B.O.B. books (beginning reader books). How long ago was this, um, about 3 years ago. That's sad. I was ready to teach him to read at 18 months but for THREE years has since forgot about it.
I pulled them out and after only about 10 minutes of teaching him how to sound words out, he read 2 books cover to cover. He was so excited and took them to school to show his teacher. I am so proud of him!
1 comment:
yeah for jackson reading- that's great!!!
Post a Comment