Today I got on my blog to see that it jumped from having about 14 votes for the baby name to 44. Wow! Did I all the sudden get popular and have a ton of visitors? I think not. I never told Mitch about the polling I was doing, because I knew he would be mad. However, my friend Angie happened to mention it last night and it must have lit a fire under him. Here is the email he sent out to his fans:
Hello everyone,
I need everyone's help. With all the campaign and election talk going on my lovely wife thinks that we should leave the naming of our child up to a vote. So, what does this have to do with all of you? I NEED YOU TO VOTE. But I don't just need you to vote; I need you to vote for the name that I want. After all, do you think I really want random people that get on our family blog to have the ultimate say on what my next son is named? Of course not. That is exactly why I am reaching out to you and asking for your vote.
I need each of you to vote for the name Easton Martin. This is by far the best name listed on the poll. In case some of you don't think that this is the best name on the poll, I will explain to all of you why I am endorsing this name over all the others.
First, the name is Easton represents baseball. My family and I have always loved baseball. Baseball is America's past-time. It would be un-American to vote against a name that represents something so intertwined with the fabric of our nation.
Second, Easton is a better name than Graham or Miles. Why is this so, you might be asking yourself. Well, if I name my son Graham he will be called "cracker" his whole life - I don't want that. Furthermore, he will really get made fun of if he ever goes to the South - they definitely will be calling him "cracker." Also, Miles is not a name that is suited for an Evers. We Evers are strong. Miles connotes a runner; and what do people think of when they think of runners - skinny people. Now, I'm not saying that there is anything bad with being a runner or with being skinny; I'm just saying that I don't think it would fit my son. After all, I was a fat kid, and all of my children will probably be fat (at least when they are little). I don't need to name my kid a name that reminds people of being skinny.
Lastly, Martin should be the middle name. I will admit that Quentin is a good name; however, this child should have the middle name Martin. This child should be named after my father. My dad is the best. Is he perfect? - of course not, no one is. But, my dad has been the perfect dad for me.
So to sum it up, Easton Martin is the name you should vote for. Nay, Easton Martin is the name you must vote for! The name represents American pride, Fathers, and the strength of the Evers family. To put it in other words, if you are a communist, family/father hating person that believes the Evers family is made up of skinny runners - then vote for one of the other names on the poll.
I know each of you will make the right choice when you cast the most important vote of your life. This election/vote is the real vote that will change lives and impact the future. Vote for Easton Martin to be the name of my next son.
*This message has been brought to you by the foundation of concerned fathers regarding the naming of children.
"My name is Mitchell Evers and I approve this message!"
To vote, simply go to eversfamilyscoop.blogspot.com and on the right side of the webpage you should see the poll. Then make the correct choice by clicking on Easton Martin.
Thanks for your time,
Mitchell Evers
-This message is not intended to offend anyone that may be named one of the other names listed on the poll or anyone that may name their child one of the other names that is listed on the poll. While all the names are good, Easton Martin is the best name for my son.
So, I ask you this? Are you going to be Mitchell's fan or Allie's fan? I know my husband is much more popular than I am, but I ask you to vote with your heart. I am not going to do any negative campaigning...in fact I am not going to campaign at all, I just want you to vote for the one that you like the best.
As for all you Mitchell's fans that voted, thanks for visiting our blog for the first and maybe only time. I can only imagine him going around the law school library making every student log on and vote. To those people I say: I really hope you don't do that on the real election day. You really should hear both sides and make an educated decision. Don't get bullied by "well written" speeches from a soon to be lawyer. Us mothers at home don't quite have the education to write that well, but I promise, there are great reasons for the other names too.
10 comments:
sorry mitch. i voted for miles martin days ago. maybe i have a thing for skinny runners.... :)
I'M SO SORRY ALLIE!!! ha ha ha ha i'm laughing so hard right now i'm crying!
You guys are too funny!!! Gotta love the passion the two of you have. I actually voted a couple days ago... and I tried to stay on neutral ground - Easton Quentin. Best of both worlds. Can't wait to see what you guys decide.
HAHAHA!!! You guys are too funny! Sorry Mitch but that's not the name I picked!
Tell him he can't have BOTH the first and the middle names--he gets one, you get the other. That was my rule--after all, the men ALREADY get the last name. SOMETHING has to connect the baby to mom!
I am laughing so hard right now! Mitch made a great closing argument. If I EVER need a lawyer, I'm hiring him!
Oh my gosh you are tooo funny. I was laughing the whole time. But I again didn't go with Mitch, I am sure you already know my vote Allie! Graham all the way. (I lived with cracker and golder graham all my life, but what name doesn't get made fun of, come on that is no kindof argument mitch! haha) good luck!
Hey Guys,
This is your cousin Becky. Mitch I had to go with you on this one. Easton Martin is a GREAT name!!!!
Hope all is going good with you guys!!! Glad I found your blog!!
Talk to you soon!!
Mitch, I have never met you but I have known Allie all her life (and love her). While we in our house LOVE baseball and think dads are great my question is: WHY would you name a child after an import??? (I know it's not exactly but Easton in TOO close to Astin.)---Collette
Ok, so first of all, why didn't I get an email from Mitch about his campaign? I guess we are not as tight as I would have thought we would be after 15 years of friendship.
Secondly, I saw that Mark has added this campaign on his Facebook page because he sent me a message asking me and everyone else to vote on the name Easton Martin. That reminded me that I needed to get my vote cast and guess what?
I VOTED FOR EASTON QUENTIN!!! I am staying neutral like Court and that is my choice on the name for your next addition.
Post a Comment