Last night we got in a big argument over the blog. It all started because someone called and was talking to me about the peanut butter sandwich in the toilet incident. When Mitch found out I posted that on the blog he got very upset. He said that he is starting a new blog with every embarrassing moment I have ever had. Apparently, Mitch is convinced that my 1 year old little Easton is going to grow up and be so upset with me that I told family and friends that he dipped his peanut butter sandwich in the toilet.
What do you think? Am I going to far? I have always thought that my kids will get a kick out of their "book" (I am printing the blog into a book for them) and it will be a little story book of humorous stories. I thought it would be fun. Mitch now feels that I should have my very own book too.
We'll see. He said he will be posting the link soon. I am sure you all can't wait.
8 comments:
sorry mitch, i'm siding with allie here. these are things you will never remember unless you record them. plus, they are normal things that happen, just written in a very well and entertaining manner by allie. :)
however, todd leaned over and read the post and said he sides with mitch (i share some of the posts with him occasionally).
"Personally, I think the blog is hilarious and that the boys will also enjoy reading it when it's printed out. Its these things that they will laugh about when they are older Sorry Mitch :)" - Melyn "Normally, I would agree with Mitch, but this is the funniest website that I visit all week." - Jordan
Jonathan and I both laugh pretty hard whenever we read the blog and I think your kids will too. I think they'll be grateful you wrote down these funny experiences that they probably won't remember. That's my opinion. I haven't asked Jonathan...
Sorry Mitch, you lose on this one. Even at the age of 26, I get a kick out of the funny (and embarrassing) things I did as a child. No women your sons will date, no sports team they try out for, no school they apply to, no job they apply to will care about the silly things they did as a child. The stories are too priceless to not write about. And while a private journal would also be a good place to put these stories, we as fellow mothers/women need to read these stories to feel sane - to feel that we're not the only ones with kids who stick their PB&J sandwich in the toilet.
Keep writing Al, we love the stories and your boys will in no doubt laugh about them too.
Mitch is nuts. Write it all down =).
I see from the above comments that mitch is far outnumbered, and I have to agree. You do such a good job of telling these fun stories that we all love, and that your kids will love to hear about later! But, I am excited to read Allie's most embarassing moments. I was trying to think if I had any to add, and I couldn't think of any. Kind of dissapointing. Oh well. We'll see you soon! Be sure to call when you get here.
I love it! Eric thinks I put embarassing stuff up too. Once I accidentally put a picture of him in his boxers in the background. I think he'll like remembering it!
you know how i feel! mitch...i hope your boys' skin is thick enough to handle the cute stories allie writes. otherwise their lives are going to suck because their going to have to deal with a lot worse in this world! love you guys!!!
Post a Comment