Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Mean Spiderman

It's late. Midnight here, but I had to wait for Mitch to go to sleep before I could post this. Here it goes:

Mitch is seriously the best dad. He would do anything for his kids. He would buy the kids anything. In fact, I am nervous for ever having a girl. It's probably why we don't have one. A few weeks ago I was doing some research on Spiderman birthday parties and this one suggested having someone dress up as Spiderman to come and visit the kids. I mentioned it to Mitch and he didn't turn it down. I forgot about it though until last week when he asked me if I had gotten a costume.

I called a costume shop. No luck. They returned my call to say they didn't have Spiderman, however, they did have a "Spider" from Charlotte's Web. Yeah, that wasn't going to work. Mitch suggested I get it online. It was going to cost about $80 with shipping to get it in time though. Yeah, that wasn't going to work either. When I mentioned this to Mitch though, he actually paused and said, "So." What??? Weird. I was not going to do that so I made my debut on Facebook and asked the world for one. No luck again. Mitch asked about it AGAIN last night (seriously...you want to wear the costume.??) so this morning I found one at a costume shop. I called Mitch, told him he had to be there before 5 to try it on and he was excited and he actually went and purchased it. Crazy, but whatever. I knew the kids would love it and I was proud of Mitch for being a "Fun dad."

So after all the games of getting the bad guys, Mitch went up to change into Spiderman. I had hung up pictures of the bad guys and he was going to come down and shoot them with silly string with the "Spiderman" theme song playing in the background. I got the kids all excited and we were chanting "Spiderman, Spiderman, Spiderman" until the MEAN Spiderman came down and the crap hit the fan. (I apologize ahead of time the awful video. I don't know how to put it on my computer, so I had to use my camera on my phone to record it off the small screen on the camcorder. Also, there really isn't a lot to see because of all the CHAOS.


He GROWLED at them when he came down. Are you kidding? Have you seen Spiderman? Toby McGuire? Can you imagine him growling? Yeah, I think Mitch would not have done well at his casting call. It was awful. I wish I would have taken pictures of Mitch in the costume, but it was seriously chaos. Easton and this other little boy were freaking out crying, all the other kids looked like they were going to cry, and no one dared to move. As you saw near the end, he gave our kids hugs and then gave the screaming child (the one other than E) high five and it all was ok, but for about 1 minute it was awful. I really wish I could have documented it better but I was in shock and trying to get Mitch to stop freaking the kids out, comfort the screaming children, and turn the "Friendly Spiderman Themesong" music off. Yeah, couldn't concentrate on the filming, but the sounds tell the story.

Note to the world: Don't ever have Mitch dress up at a kid's birthday party.

I love you Mitch. You're the best dad even if you were a mean spiderman.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH!! That was hilarious! I was laughing so hard!! Poor Manny and Easton! But still, good job Mitch being a fun dad!

todd and jeanette said...

just what i wanted to see! now i want to have a boy just so we can have a spiderman theme party with mitch!

The Peterson's said...

Mitch is just the best. I love when Mitch said...spiderman protects everyone. So funny. Gotta give it up to him.

Randy and Haley Davis Family said...

It was such a fun party. Tyler kept telling me it was Creighton's daddy in the Spiderman. He was so excited after the party! Thanks for inviting hime!

Jordan Henderson said...

Best. Post. Ever.

Seeing Mitch make a bunch of little boys cry is hysterical.

Kristi said...

That was hilarious! Way to go guys...freaking out all the little kids.

Shauna said...

Awesome! Go Mitch:) We hope you had a Happy Birthday Creighton!!