Thursday, February 25, 2010

Why?

Creighton just came upstairs and said, "I need to go poo-poo, I need to go poo-poo." My heart fluttered. Inside I am shouting for joy thinking finally, he's going to do it in the toilet. He said, "I need privacy." He shut the door and a minute or two later I hear the toilet flush and he's washing his hands. Finally, right?

NO. He pooped his pants inside the bathroom. Why flush the toilet and wash your hands after? Well, by the look on his face when he came out.... I think it was so he could see the look on my face when the realization swept over me.

Oh, and here is a picture I took of him this morning after he insisted on dressing himself. Don't mind the face, I don't know what kind of smile that is.

Don't you love when kids tuck their shirts into their underwear? Not so much when adults do though. (You know who you are.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! I personally think you need to publish these potty posts and read them ALL of at his wedding! Then you can see that look on his face.
This is siri signed in under Sean.

Marianne said...

I'm just posting at the top, but I have to tell you that I laughed until I cried about the mean spider man. The video was classic, too - it was like a Blair Witch birthday party, all the screaming and the bad picture - pure horror. I had to show Dan, and he about died laughing, too. And Creighton's going to get it, eventually (I mean, he won't be doing this when he's in high school, right?).