Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Spiderman Party


Tonight was Creighton's Birthday Party. He has talked about his birthday party the last 6 months and how he wanted a spiderman cake with rings (we've had one before). The day finally arrived. We had 11 kids, mostly 2-3 year olds, at the house. Chaos, but not complete chaos.

I started by letting the kids know that Spiderman needs our help to catch all the bad guys. If we catch all the bad guys...spiderman may come and visit. Downstairs I had a ton of balloons who were the "bad guys" and they had to put them in the "jail." One game down. On to the next.
I split them into two groups. Mitch took half the kids and we set up all our little bad guys on a table and they got to shoot them down with the NERF guns. I took the other half and we did a little obstacle course and they used silly string to shoot the green goblin and the Octopus bad guy dude. They loved the silly string. Here's Creigh starting off the obstacle course....
After, Spiderman made a visit (More on this later)...

Then we broke out the pinata. We gave the kids many turns, and it ended with "Spiderman" using the metal bat to break it.
After it was the "Spiderman Ring" cake. Here is Jackson helping Creighton blowing the candles out again.
Thanks to all that came. It was a lot of fun!

*****Side note: The Blocks at the top of the post were from my sister. I had wanted them SOOO bad but of course Mitch says, "Do you need those?" so I didn't get them. Josie gave them to me for Christmas and they are my favorite. It's a whole alphabet with designs on the backside to decorate for every holiday. Thanks again Josie! You're the best!

3 comments:

todd and jeanette said...

sounds like a fun birthday! did i miss the part about the spiderman visit? i was waiting to see if mitch dressed up as him- and a photo of course!!!

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday Creighton! We love you!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Creighton! What a cool kid!