Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Potty Talk

I forgot to mention two conversations I had last week with Creighton while trying to urge him to start using the toilet again.

#1 - C: "Mom, you go potty out of your bum, but I go out of my SHOOTER GUN." (Imagine Creighton's excited voice as he says "Shooter gun.")

#2 - M: "Creighton when are you going to go poo-poo in the potty."
C: "Mmmm, maybe in 2 hours."

Don't you love 2 year olds. :)

For extra enjoyment I finally got a video made of him singing the "Accidents happen" song.



Now get ready to shout HALLELUJAH because I have been singing it all week. I have been afraid to officially post this in case that Creighton would catch my excitement and relapse again, but as of this moment he has been accident free for almost a week. In fact, he has refused to wear pull-ups even at night and he hasn't even had one at night. AMAZING! I really think it all came down to him thinking I didn't care and he lost interest in it when he saw I wasn't miserable anymore (I was though and it was tough to hide). Whatever his proogative was to make me crazy, it worked, but it's over and it's time to shout hallelujah and move on. Happy days.

Since the potty training issue is over....what's next for me: A 4 year old that has changed his bed time from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. for the last week. Why? I don't know. But, it keeps life interesting.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Congrats, Allie (and Creighton)! I can only imagine how happy you are. You are now going to be my official potty training guru when it's time to get W started