Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Magic Beans

I started the magic beans yesterday. I wrote their names on a baby food jar and told them they would get beans for doing good things. However, for doing naughty things, they will have beans removed.

Throughout the day beans went in and beans went out. I even had beans taken out of my jar (yelling...yeah, gotta work on that. thanks kids for keeping me in check). I thought these really could be magic and this is what I needed. I told Creighton I would give him a LOT of beans if he would go poo-poos in the toilet. Yeah, they weren't so magical yesterday.

Today they were proving to be much more magical. In fact for one hour it was pure magic. My kids cleaned my house. They took all the groceries to the basement so I could put them in the storage room, they put the shoes away, did diaper duty, cleared the table, cleaned the living room, other odd jobs, AND Creighton went on the toilet. This was going to the be first day in a week that he wouldn't poop his pants. Hallelujah, I am loving you magic beans! Right.........

An hour later I realized I didn't put the groceries into the storage room and I go down stairs to find cans, 2 liters, cereal boxes smashed, and other groceries strewn throughout the basement. A few hours later, Creighton poops his pants.

Yeah, definitely not so magical.

My kids do keep asking me when they get to plant them so they can grow a beanstalk. Maybe that's what we can use them for....yeah and I can climb up it and get a golden egg and bring it down and hire a babysitter and maybe the harp lady will lullaby my kids for a nap everyday at the same time and....yeah I'll keep dreaming of that fairy tale.

1 comment:

Jason and Tawni said...

OMG - You are hilarious and I love you. I will hope that beanstalk grows nice and tall for you so that you can get that fairytale you deserve.

Love you!

xoxo