A few weeks ago I was telling a friend how we had gotten this marble coaster building thing-a-majig for the boys for Christmas, but we didn't end up giving it to them due to going to UT and not wanting to travel with it. She said to me, "Oh, we had one of those when I was little and me and sibling would play with it for HOURS." HOURS, I said. HOURS. I had to try this. So, I let the kids open it up. They played with it, but I found it to not work that well unless I was helping them because they seemed to just keep knocking the towers done. Well, today I understood HOURS.
Mitch decided to help the boys build it this morning. Yeah, he was down there for HOURS. He went down about 9 a.m. and I was freaking out at him at about 12:45 (we leave for church at 1:00) to come up and get ready. Tonight he was so proud of it he was showing it to all his friends and then when he saw that the boys had destroyed it, he couldn't even go downstairs because it depressed him. He has seriously been talking about his "masterpiece" all day and is still talking about it as we speak. Here are the boys showing off Mitch's "masterpiece" (before destroying it).
4 comments:
OMG - Chris and I had one of those and LOVED it. I think the boys will start to appreciate and understand it more as they get a little older and can handle it better. I think the "hours" your friend was talking about are to come... don't give up on it just yet.
We have a set like that, too. Aaron and mitch can combine the 2 and biuld the coolest Marble coaster ever!
Those are the two guiltiest faces I've ever seen.
I know how he feels! We had a big snow storm so I went to the toy store to get something to entertain the boys and I bought that marble thing. I remembered it when I was a kid and that I loved it. What I didn't remember was it takes forever to set up and it's so easy to knock down! Sounds like Mitch and I did the same thing over the weekend.
Post a Comment