Saturday, February 6, 2010

An American Tale

Do you remember this movie? It's about Fivel the mouse and he travels to America "Where there are no cats and the streets are made with cheese." Anyway, I was having my boys watch it today while I was running on the treadmill and watching them with my video monitor to make sure they stayed watching it. Creighton came down at one point and said he was scared. I told him to hold Jackson's hand and that everything would be ok. About 10 minutes later I look at the video monitor and I can't see Creighton, only Jack. I run upstairs to see what mischief Creigh is up to and Creighton is tucked into Jackson's shoulder (so I couldn't see him) and he has tears streaming down his face. I go over and pick him up and he looks at me and his lip starts to quiver and he just starts sobbing. It was heartbreaking. He then says, "His daddy.....daddy" and sobs more and more.

Creighton is my tough guy, you know the one I told you about yesterday that when I was crying he was laughing. Yeah, that's him but today he showed his softer side. Obviously he really cares about families being separated and he was not liking that Fivel was lost from his family. He must feel the same way I do. I can't even imagine being separated from my family and the thought of it makes me cry as well. Thanks Creigh for reminding me of this. I am glad this upset you and I want you to know I never want to be separated from you. I love you buddy.

In conclusion, I have realized that I will not be showing Creighton "Bambi" anytime soon.
Jackson obviously wasn't as visibly upset as Creighton.

4 comments:

The Peterson's said...

Oh...Cute Creigh. It makes me miss him so much.

the johansen's said...

This is Sarah (we live in Josie's basement) I asked Josie if it was creepy to give you my email address because I like to read about your cute boys and their funny stories. I would love to still see your blog, my email is sarahljohansen@gmail.com.

angie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
angie said...

your posts are always so heartfelt, and it makes me feel like a jerk when i read them because they make me laugh so hard! like crying i'm laughing so hard!! your boys are so darn cute!! oh, and i'm reminding you to GIVE CREIGH HIS BREATHING TREATMENTS!