We decided on the name for our little guy. I figured we wouldn't have a name until the hospital, like it has happened on the last two, but we finally agreed on his name. So, unless something happens in the hospital that just screams...."That's not my name!".....it will be
Wilson Eric Evers
Since all the boys names ends with -ON, we were trying to find a name with that same ending. Mitch mentioned Wilson early on, but I Xed it immediately. It reminded me of Cast Away? Ever see that movie? I hated it. I put it out of my mind, but apparently Mitch did not.
So....we kept brainstorming. Mitch thought it would be hilarious and cool to name him Lawson. Get it? I didn't love it, but we had it on our list. I didn't know what we would call him for short, so I just had a hard time with it. We also had Carson on our list. Again, Mitch's name. Didn't know what we would call him for short, but didn't hate it so it stayed on the list. Finally Mitch said, if you are so concerned about the short name, why don't we name him Wilson and you can call him Will. I have always loved the name Will, but for reasons we won't mention, Mitch did not want to name him William (you know how you knew someone with a certain name and it kind of taints it ---- no offense to all the Williams out there --- you are awesome I'm sure). I realized he was right and Cast Away did come out a billion years ago, so I should be able to move on. Plus, Mitch thought that Wilson went along so well with Easton since they are both sport brands. All right....I was sold. Wilson it would be. My little Will.
Immediately, my dad started calling him Willy. Thanks Dad. So, now the kids all call him Willy. First, I was so bugged. However, to hear Easton's sweet little voice tell Willy that he loves him and gives him kisses a dozen times each day....my heart melts.
Willy, Will, Wilson.....that will be his name.
Thought it was funny....didn't think our kids names were that popular and then I went into Creighton's kindergarten class and the afternoon class had this hung on the wall:
Can you see the names? Easton, Will, Carson, Jackson, & Lawson. 2 of our kids names, and 3 of the names we were thinking for the baby. So weird.
After it was decided, I found this picture on Etsy. It was just of two brothers, but I asked if she could add in two more. (Of course this was the first request she had had to make 4 brothers.) I love my little picture of my boys.
So....we kept brainstorming. Mitch thought it would be hilarious and cool to name him Lawson. Get it? I didn't love it, but we had it on our list. I didn't know what we would call him for short, so I just had a hard time with it. We also had Carson on our list. Again, Mitch's name. Didn't know what we would call him for short, but didn't hate it so it stayed on the list. Finally Mitch said, if you are so concerned about the short name, why don't we name him Wilson and you can call him Will. I have always loved the name Will, but for reasons we won't mention, Mitch did not want to name him William (you know how you knew someone with a certain name and it kind of taints it ---- no offense to all the Williams out there --- you are awesome I'm sure). I realized he was right and Cast Away did come out a billion years ago, so I should be able to move on. Plus, Mitch thought that Wilson went along so well with Easton since they are both sport brands. All right....I was sold. Wilson it would be. My little Will.
Immediately, my dad started calling him Willy. Thanks Dad. So, now the kids all call him Willy. First, I was so bugged. However, to hear Easton's sweet little voice tell Willy that he loves him and gives him kisses a dozen times each day....my heart melts.
Willy, Will, Wilson.....that will be his name.
Thought it was funny....didn't think our kids names were that popular and then I went into Creighton's kindergarten class and the afternoon class had this hung on the wall:
Can you see the names? Easton, Will, Carson, Jackson, & Lawson. 2 of our kids names, and 3 of the names we were thinking for the baby. So weird.
After it was decided, I found this picture on Etsy. It was just of two brothers, but I asked if she could add in two more. (Of course this was the first request she had had to make 4 brothers.) I love my little picture of my boys.
So there you have it little buddy. This is how you got your name. I love you so much already.

No comments:
Post a Comment