Saturday, March 9, 2013

Mitchell turns 30!

It was a big birthday this year.  Mitch turned 30 (we don't need to discuss that this will be happening shortly to me).

As I talked about in a previous post, I wanted to make it special...but I knew he didn't want a party.  So, we partied more his style.  I surprised him with a trip to Vegas and then double surprised him by having his best buddy Andrew there.

I knew he was a little suspicious that I might be planning a trip.  So I did anything and everything to throw him off...which I think worked.  So on Friday February 8th I got up like I was going to go to the gym at 5:30 in the morning, got ready instead, and then went and gently woke him up and told him that it was time to get ready or we would miss our flight.  He shot up and asked me to repeat myself 3 times.  Quite funny.  He was definitely not expecting that.

So off we went.  Boys stayed behind with grandma (yet again) and we were on our way for another 48 hour vacation.

At this point, he still did not know anything about the Bleak's meeting us there.  It wasn't until we were sitting down at breakfast, that they arrived.

Best buddies reunited.
Mitch's breakfast he ordered.
Hash house a-go-go

I got Mitch and Andrew a tee time to go golfing.
Unfortunately the weather wasn't very good.
They also went to the Callaway Golf store.


Before dinner for the birthday boy's big night.
Grand Lux Cafe at the Palazzo 
The card my mother got him.
She knows us so well.
(It was a joke)






I love this man.
It was a fun and fast trip.  We worked out together, did a lot of eating together, he got to play golf, we did a little shopping, and we were able to just be together.  I hope he enjoyed the trip as much as I did.

After arriving home on Sunday (day after his birthday) we then celebrated at Mark's house and the boys got to be there.

Happy birthday to my very best friend in the whole world.   You better keep having many more birthdays....and more than I will have. :)  I love you.

No comments: