Creighton turned 6 on February 23rd. It was a Saturday, and it was kind of nice (for a mom) because we did all the celebrating that very day. It seems like usually a birthday is drawn out for a week or so.
Knowing that I was going to be 8 months pregnant, I decided to make things easier on myself and bought a groupon for a Lego birthday party back in September. A "they do everything and I just show up" type of party. It was great.
A guy came and entertained the kids with legos for 90 minutes. The kids had a blast and it was hilarious to watch them.
Things got a little more difficult when they built these battery powered cars to race. It was fun once they were made, but a tad stressful since many kids were on different "levels" in their lego building skills.
They turned out great though.
After we had good old little caesar pizza and cake and ice cream.
| front row: Britta, Benson, Creighton, Easton, Jack, Calli back row: Riley, David, Jackson, Eli, Parker, Beckham |
Then it was time to open his gifts. His two favorite were the tickets from Papa's Place and the huge stuffed dolphin.
![]() |
| I LOVE this picture. Creighton is my most enthusiastic child. Can you see that? |
After the party we headed directly to Creighton's last basketball game of the season.
![]() |
| He's ready. |
![]() |
| With his best buddy Riley |
![]() |
| With the coach (dad) |
We followed that up with a rousing 2 games of bowling. Jack and Creigh LOVED it. Bowling did not feel good 8 months pregnant I decided, and Easton was done after about 2 balls. It was a fun night all in all.
We kept telling the kids if one of them got a spare, or a strike, or just got a certain amount of pins down we would go get ice cream. It took about 15 different "If you do this....we will go get ice cream" before someone finally did it.
We went over to Macey's for KongCones.
Creighton brings so much light into our lives. His smile is infectious and he has a laugh that I was told by my next door neighbor as, "The best thing ever. Can I record it just so I can listen to it when I'm sad." I can't believe 6 years have come and gone since I brought this little angel into our lives. He makes me happy and proud every day to be him mom. I couldn't be more blessed.
Happy Birthday Creighton. Hope it was a great day!














No comments:
Post a Comment