The last about 10 days, I feel like I have taken the wonderful opportunity to be in love. I look at my children, and my heart swells. Literally. They bring tears to my eyes, they make me smile and they take my breath away. I admit that this whole 10 days hasn't just been like that, tears come to my eyes for other reasons, my smile has been quickly changed to a scowl, and I even really had my breath taken away when Creighton was "Spiderman" and punched me. However, those were just small moments, the majority of the time I really have been in love.
These last 3 days, I have watched/listened to some family and friends go through some devastating and trying times. In both cases, a child of theirs, that happens to be just about my child's ages, has had serious medical conditions. It stops me in my tracks. It makes me hug my kids a little harder. Takes the scowl off my face. Reminds to always show and tell my love for them. Lastly, it puts my life in perspective.
Thanks boys......for the smile. Love you more than you will ever know. xoxoxo mom
No comments:
Post a Comment