Mitch came home from the priesthood session on Saturday and told me he wanted to give Jackson a test (see Elder Uchtdorf's Priesthood address at lds.org). The test was to give Jackson a marshmallow and tell him that if he waited 15 minutes, we would give him two marshmallows. We told him this and he said "Ok" and didn't even look back at it. At 14 minutes we went in and asked him if he wanted to eat it and he said, "no, I want two." So at 15 minutes we gave him two. Creighton looked sad he wasn't getting one, so we asked Jackson if he wanted to share and give Creigh one. If he would do this, we would give him more tomorrow. He said, "Ok," and gave the 2nd marshmallow, the one he waited 15 minutes for, to his little brother.
Jackson is such a good brother. The other night, Creighton started crying in the middle of the night and I went in there to soothe him. He said he was scared. He calmed down and I went back to bed. The next morning I went in their bedroom and found the Jack & Creigh squished into Jack's twin bed. Jack simply said, "Creigh was scared so I told him he could come sleep with me." I couldn't help by smile and get a little teary eyed. I'm so lucky to have children that genuinely love each other. (The fact that they currently have each other in head locks while I write this, does not change this point. :))
2 comments:
I didn't know this. I am crying as I read it. I miss the boys so much. Creigh and Jack just make me happy.
I didn't know this. I am crying as I read it. I miss the boys so much. Creigh and Jack just make me happy.
Post a Comment