Dear Jackson,
This week, you fell. It wasn't a big fall...maybe a 12 inch drop from a rock wall you were climbing. However, as you fell, you skinned you chest and received a "battle wound." As you lay on the ground crying, you kept saying, "Mom, you were supposed to catch me when I fell." You continued to tell me this at least a dozen times over the next hour. I felt awful. I wish I was there. I wish I could be there every time. I want to be and I want you to know that. However honey, I can't always be there. You will fall. Sometimes the battle wounds you sustain could be significant and sometimes they will just be minor bumps and bruises. Sometimes you may feel mentally pushed down. And sometimes you may fall and you may feel like you can't get back up. I am writing to tell you that although I may not always be there to catch you, I will ALWAYS be there to pick you back up. I love you so much and there are many others that love you too and will be there for you as well...including, daddy, your brothers, and your loving Heavenly Father. Please remember this.
I love you sweetheart,
Mom

Can you see the battle wound?
He was very sad to receive it, but proud of it now.
4 comments:
I remember when he did that. He was going to fall when he was on the ground too. :) But what a sweet post. Thanks for reminding me that it isn't about catching them when they fall, but it is being their to pick them back up!
Such a beautiful post.
What a beautiful post. You are such a sweet, fun Mom to your cute boys! :) I love reading your blog...it pushes me to be more loving and to have more fun with our little guy. Thanks!
You're such a good mom
Post a Comment