Sunday, October 2, 2011

I did it for the boys!

For those that know my mother, may be shocked by this, but I am not a fan of decorating for holidays. (Obviously not of gardening either as you saw by my previous post.) I'm kind of a grinch.  It seems like so much work to get it all out just to put it all back a way a short time later. (I have this same philosophy about making my bed.)

For Halloween, my mom asked Jackson if he would like to help her put up her Halloween decorations.  In payment, she said she would give him any decorations she didn't use.  So basically my mom forced me to put up decorations.  I have to admit though that I ended up having fun doing so and they kids love them.

The little sign at the bottom says,
"A Witch and her little monsters live here."
Love it!

Josie gave me the adorable WICKED letters.  I love them. 

 So, here is what our house looks like.  The goal will be to make sure it's down by December 25th.  I will make no guarantees.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

You're a better mom than me. I feel the same way you do, plus I have no space to store decorations. We hardly get anything out at Christmas even! So don't feel bad. I'm probably way worse. Though, I like to think that some day I'll put up all the decorations like our moms do. Some day ;)

Erin said...

Oh Allie, I miss you. Your house looks adorable, and so do your kids. I'm excited for the next time we get together.

The Peterson's said...

I think that your house looks awesome! You are really good at decorating.