So I haven't been as diligent with my blog and giving you the play by play with all of the potty training adventures. For many of you, I am sure you are glad. I am sure that Easton will be happy when I publish this. The other boys aren't quite so lucky.
Easton definitely would have had a lot more chapters in his book if I would have taken the time to write them down. He has been his own kind of person. So different from Creighton and from Jackson. His big thing was that he would not go to the bathroom by himself. He would yell and scream that he had to go, but if I wasn't around and didn't get to him in time, he would go right where he was. Oh, and the other cool thing that he would do was: if he was outside, he would go right in his pants. Something I guess about him being outside made him think he was able to just go wherever. It was great fun.
So, after about 4 months of this, I am happy to report that in the last few days he has finally started going on his own. Hallelujah. Yes, there are more messes to clean up in the bathroom when he doesn't quite hit the target (come on boys, is it really that hard??) but I'd rather clean them up there. The outside issue has gotten a little better, but a little worse in some regards too. If he is outside, (whether he is right outside our door or out in the wilderness) he will just pull his pants down and go. He has done this 4 or 5 times the last few days and it's a little embarrassing. The other day, we went out to help my sister get in the car, and wow, we look over and there's the stream. About 1 minute later, the puddle had formed, he pulled up his pants and couldn't understand why we looked so horrified. The next day, I told the kids to get in the car. A minute later Jackson starts screaming "Easton's peeing in the car!" Mitch and I ran, thinking the worse, and get there just in time to see him standing from the edge of the van peeing into the garage. It's so hard to get mad when you are just so relieved that he didn't pee IN the car...like he was doing just a few days before. So, I guess we will take baby steps. Now that we have the "not peeing the pants" down, we will start focusing on the "no public urination," and then onto, "Don't pee on the seat." We got to take the baby steps.
1 comment:
When he peed right by my foot it freaked me out, but he is so cute. I love that he peed out of your van door.
Post a Comment