Sunday, December 30, 2012

Ragnar

Mitch and I had the opportunity to run Ragnar in Vegas with Mark and Shari and even when I found out I was pregnant, we knew we couldn't pass up the chance.  It was such a blast the first time we did it. 

It definitely was different this time.  The weather was crazy.  I ran in 25-65 MPH head winds my first run and it was brutal.  I literally ran straight on a flat highway for all 6 miles and the wind never once gave up.  I was worried how I would do considering my training hadn't been great, but I think with all things in life....you just do what you have to do.  It was hard, but I told myself, it will be over in about an hour.  You can do anything for that long.

My sweetie running.

I got to catch up with my Omaha buddies!
Janel was amazing and jumped on board with our team at a moment's notice...
and Angie was there running with another team.
So fun to catch up!  I miss them.

Janel was a rockstar!

Mitch and I at the end.
TERRIBLE PICTURE OF ME. :)

Our team.
Toni, Shari, Mark, Mitch, Me, and Janel

Janel and I at the finish.
We were the first team to come to the finish line.
Not that we were fast, it was just because of our early start time.
 The weather was freezing, sleeping in a car 20 weeks pregnant was not fun, but all in all, I was glad that I did it.  Always an adventure.


1 comment:

Reenie said...

Whaaaat!!! You haven't posted for a long time... and I'm trying to go back and catch up. I don't see where you first announce you're having another baby. Congrats!!!

(a friend of your Aunt Debbie)

:)