Sunday, December 30, 2012

Mitch's Marathon

 Mitch ran his first marathon at age 21 and weighed about 30 pounds less.  The training was similar....running about every other Saturday for about 5 miles less than he was planning to go and then completely stopping running all together about a month before the marathon.  Max training run both times: approx. 16 miles.

This time, his training problems were not all his fault.  He hurt his ankle pretty bad about a month before which is why he stopped running.  In fact, he had decided not to run the marathon.   This was a decision that he ultimately changed, about 8 hours before race time.

Thankfully, he survived.  In fact, he did awesome.  He even did better than his previous marathon 8 years ago!  I am amazed by this guy.  He is a true athlete.  I would, however, love to see what he could do if he actually did train.  I think he would love to see this too.  Maybe one day.

He survived!!  4:34 minutes, and no feeling in his ankle,
the misery stopped.
My Omaha girls I was supposed to run with.
Sadly, I didn't get into the lottery.
This ended up being a good thing, since I am about 16 weeks pregnant.
 To celebrate, we went to get Mitch a big steak from Texas Roadhouse.  I don't think he ate anything.  Just kind of how you feel after doing something like that to your body.

Creigh Jay loves his Grandma
Silly Jack 
I love these two crazies.
Easton insisted on me getting an action shot.
That night we were able to hang out with the Smith's.  I miss them.  

Not quite sure what Jack's doing, but it's not a great pic.
 The boys love trips, because they get to pack their backpacks.  So grown up.

It was a fun little trip to St. George.  Daddy couldn't walk after, but the rest of us had an enjoyable time.

1 comment:

Bobi Jensen said...

Congrats on your pregnancy!

Bobi