Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Regression

It's official.  Easton has regressed.  I knew that it might be happening, but have hoped that it wasn't really.  Today, with three days in a row of pooping on the floor, I am thinking it's official.

WWWHWHWHWHWHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??????????????????????

Seriously dude.  It's been 7 months. 

So here's the thing.  I have actually been a mom lately.  Shocking, I know, but I have.  He has had more attention the last 2 weeks than he has in a long time.  Before, I sadly will admit that I didn't always give E the most attention.  It has been a crazy 8 months, but it's over and I feel normal.  I play with him, we go to the museum, to Papa's place, and read.  So, is it the Lord's way of blessing me by having him hold off this specialness until I was sane enough to handle it.....or is Easton acting out for getting too much attention?  I've heard kids regress when changes happen such as a new kid, moving, etc.  Could the change be that I am around?  So weird.  Whatever, I guess I'll never know.  Now, I just need to come up with a solution.

He has been doing it for about 6 weeks, about once a week.  This week though, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.  I know it purposeful too because he is peeing on the floor as well.  PLUS, when is pooping on the floor ever NOT purposeful?  I mean, unless it's nasty number 3, it doesn't just slide on out.  It definitely takes thought and determination for a little kid.  Thought and determination to DRIVE HIS MOM CRAZY.  Today was the nastiest.  He stepped and slid around in it with his shoes on.  I don't know why, but human poop on a shoe is way worse than dog poop on a shoe.  Why is that?  And of course his shoe has a billion little lines and grooves on the soles.  Lame.  I had to take an old toothbrush and scrub it out.  Speaking of that....I probably ought to get that toothbrush out of the garbage and throw it away outside.  Knowing my kids, I could see them pull it out and stick it in their mouth.  Oh gross. 

Ok, that's been taken care of.  Moving on. 

So, we have tried 3 different reactions/punishments to this specialness.  Here's to hoping tonight's worked.  Crossing my fingers.  I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Bobi Jensen said...

I'm sorry! We've had a lot of potty regression with my 4 1/2 year old around our moves--we had two this year. I don't know what to do...

Courtney said...

Um yeah! So you were here when I mentioned he had a bunch of accidents when I was out of town. And then this week, I was only working here in LA for one night, Loni was watching him and he had another accident! I'm convinced it's because I'm not around and Ryan doesn't happen to be here at those moments either. So what on earth is this kid trying to tell me? I've been traveling since he was 6 months old, so it's not like this is anything new to him. I don't get it. I'm not sure the kids get it either... ugh, so frustrating!

angie said...

i'm so thankful i only have 1 boy! hehe