Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Jackson

I've decided that since I have been such a slacker at posting, I would do a post about each of the kiddos and share a few stories that I meant to write down.

Jackson is doing awesome in 1st grade.  He even received the "Bear of the Week" award a few weeks ago from the Principal. 

He is one of the kindest kids.  It is something that makes my heart swell.  Here are a few examples:

-We were reading a book the other day and it said that the squirrel stole a nut.  He looked at me and said, "Mom, why would that squirrel steal.  Doesn't he know it's against the commandments?"

-Easton used about 1/2 a tub of gel (this will be documented in Easton's post) and I was quite upset.  I let him know that he wasted so much money.  Jackson ran out of the bathroom and came back a minute later with a couple crumpled dollar bills he had pulled out of his piggy bank.  "Here mom, use this.  I'm so sorry he did that."  

Jack is reading up a storm.  In fact, he is reading now and has been the whole hour.  He recently has moved up quite a few levels and now that he can read fluently on his own, he loves it.  I love listening to him read.  Especially when he reads a funny book.  Those books take him twice as long because he can't stop laughing to start reading. 

I love this kid.

1 comment:

Melyn said...

What a sweetheart :)