I have told Mitch since we were married 10 years ago that he was taking me to Hawaii for our 10 year anniversary. Our 2 day honeymoon in Vegas was great, but Hawaii was my dream vacation. I didn't think it was going to happen, but it did and it was amazing!!
We went with Josie & Micah (celebrating her 30th birthday), Lindsey & Matt (their "honeymoon"), and my parents (just because).
Basically we did nothing almost the whole trip. Just ran, ate, sunbathed, ate, played games and slept. It was wonderful. Here are some pictures to document our fun.
 |
| Where the sunbathing occurred |
 |
| boys playing bball. can you guess which one is my dad? |
 |
| Our view from breakfast each morning |
 |
Our running path.
LOVED IT |
 |
| Um yeah. |
 |
| The 8 of us |
 |
| Me and my cute sisters |
 |
| Dinner at Longboards |
 |
| dad aka pro swimmer |
The boys did a friendly competition called "The Trifecta." Before we left there was a bball game with my dad and Mitch against Micah and Matt. Proud to say that my Mitchell and my dad came out victorious. The 2nd part of the trifecta was the golf they played in Hawaii. My dad was victorious. And the last and final part was "The Body Off." This involved my dad finding a woman at the pool to judge and then they stand their and get judged. The winnner....what do you think?
 |
| Again, MY DAD was victorious. |
 |
| After a round of golf. |
 |
Dinner at Leilani's.
BEST TACOS EVER!!! Still thinking about them and already have tried to imitate them. |
 |
Dinner at Kimo's.
Thanks Matt! |
 |
| Playing Just Dance |
 |
| At breakfast |
I have always wanted to do the bike ride down the volcano. It was blasted early (we had to leave at 2:15) and it was beyond cold, but it was super adventurous and I loved it. I couldn't believe how fast we were cruising down the mountain. My hands were dying from gripping the break so hard. So fun though.
 |
On top of the Haleakala Crater. Yes, my eyes are closed.
It was SO stinking cold!!! The wind chill had to of brought it below zero.
Next time I will skip the sunrise and go up later for the bike ride. |
 |
| The sunrise. |
 |
| About to head down the mountain. |
And back home.....were the boys.
Uncle Matt (referred to himself as Uncle Buck) watched the boys for us and was AMAZING!!! I can't tell you how many people have come up to me to tell me how impressed they were with him. They said he was one of the first people at church and sat with the 3 boys like a pro (not surprised since he does have 3 boys of his own). They had so much fun and rarely even wanted to talk to us. Creighton was the best. I would ask him one question and he would interrupt and say, "Mom, Easton wants to talk to you." I told him, "OK, but let me talk to you first." 2 seconds later, "Mom, Easton really wants to talk to you." About 5 more times of that happening, I say, "OK, let me talk to him." I then hear him yelling down the stairs, "EASTON, Mom wants to talk to you. WE HAVE TO." Awesome. Yes, that happened two other times too. I felt very cool.
Seeing them again after a week felt so good though. I missed them so much. I think it was a good trip for Mitch and I to rejuvenate, but it was hard being away from them. Definitely appreciate them just that much more. They're the best!
So, 10 years was awesome. Hoping for another awesome trip in another 10. I'll start crossing my fingers now.
2 comments:
Love the Creighton story! The best.
Oh my gosh, all those pics made me so nostalgic, I LOOVE Ka'anapali! We love Leilani's, but the last time we went, I was 8 weeks pregnant, and none of the family knew. I ordered the fish tacos, but when they came I had the biggest wave of nauseau, and it was pretty obvious because I could hardly eat them, and anyone who knows me, knows that I love to eat! Looks like you had a blast, that place is incredible!!!
Post a Comment