Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Streaker

When my parents offered to allow us to stay with them, they were unaware of the streaker in the family.

Late at night, when all the kiddos were thought to be asleep, and when my parents would lie in bed....their doorknob would turn.  Slowly the door would creak open, and the streaker would appear.

They say he has a naked stance.  They say they have never seen someone be stand so proud. Oh, my dear little E.  This has happened a few times, however.... today, the streaking was no longer funny.

You would think I would learn from this, but as I have mentioned in the past, I have taken preventative measures, but he is a spontaneous streaker.  He will go a week with no incidents, in which we think he has been cured.  Sadly, it happens again and we recognize he has not been.

This morning, we were greeted by our streaker at the top of the stairs.  "Hi," he said proudly.  Mitch went up and I heard a groan.  I pretended not to hear the groan and decided to let him deal with it.  While E was in the bath, I was invited to come up and see the damage.  Gross.  Gross.  Gross.

Undid his pj's in the crib, pooped all over the crib, and then climbed out of the WHITE crib skidding down the side as he fell out.  Lovely.  Good morning to us all.

Maybe it's back to duck taping. :(

4 comments:

The Peterson's said...

I LOVE your stories. You tell them so good. Just like dad.

angie said...

WOW!!! duct tape, staples, glue... something!!!!! ;)

Courtney said...

The new blog style is fabulous.

That little E-man... what a character! What else can you say?

And I'm so glad to hear the first day of school went well for both of the boys. They look so grown up in their pictures.

Oh and one more thing - congratulations on NINE years!

Marianne said...

Happy Christmas, anniversary, everything, first day of school... everything! So cute! Didn't you have another streaker who did something similar?