Friday, January 7, 2011

Relax and Let it Happen

My mom is the queen of cutting out articles for us all to read.  Super thoughtful.  The most recent was an article out of the Deseret News entitled, "Life goes on; relax and let it happen" by Linda and Richard Eyre.

Huge Fan.

It has a big picture of a toddler, leaning in through a wire fence and french kissing a giant pig's snout.  Under the picture, the caption reads, "So, the kid kissed a pig.  Life goes on. Grab a camera, not the kid, experts say."

I am VINDICATED!!!  Every time my kids do something crazy and I want to take a picture, Mitch gives me this scornful look that says, "Allie, if you do that you are perhaps the worst mother ever."  (This may be why my posts have been less adventurous due to the Mitchell being around a lot more than before....which we are happy for, don't get me wrong.)  Now, I can proudly say, "Experts say I should do this."

The article talks about the fact that the best thing a parent can do is relax and chill out.  Enjoy your kids and their antics a little more and worry about them a little less.  There are dirtier things than a pig's snout, and the picture will live on forever.

I think my most classic picture of this point was when I found Easton sitting in the toilet.  Seriously.... you know that is going on his wedding video.



Now, I do think the article fails to warn you that you should not relax so much that you are not watching your children.  Perhaps this is where I fail as a parent.  I'm great at the camera, but if I was better at the watching, some of my funnier shots would not have come to be. Hmmmm.  

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This picture really is priceless! and you definitely do not fall in the category of the "not watching their kids" parent. Anyways, hope to see you soon!
oh and I for sure need to relax more...like a whole lot!! thanks for the post!

angie said...

i'm taking the advice... i need to chill. (just ask derek and the girls!)

angie said...

ok, my girls just walked up and said, "eeeewwwww, easton's in the toilet!!!" haha :)

The Peterson's said...

You know how I am super anal. Well, I don't feel like Im that way with Beckham. So what if eats food off the floor or dog food. Whether I get mad or not he is still going to do it.

Tim and Cindy Larsen said...

that is so great! love it..... now you need to send me your email...I don't have it, wierd I know, but send it so I can get you a blog invite.... cimandtindy@yahoo.com