Monday, January 17, 2011

Limiting TV watching

It's been decided. We are limiting tv watching at our house. This comes after the following two comments were made by Jackson this weekend:

1. While at Walmart my kids saw pillow pets. They immediately asked if they could have one. After giving the standard answer of no, Jackson responded. "mom, pillow pets are the perfect $20 gift though."

2. While watching "Ice Age 3," Jackson was telling me how cute the baby mammoth was that was born. After the scene passes he says, "mom, you should have taken a picture of that cute baby elephant and put it on your blog. You should have mom, that would have been so cute.". Apparently we don't need the zoo anymore. We can take all our pictures off the tv to show what we have been doing.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I swear the pillow pet informercial hooks every kid!! I don't know how they do it...but every kid wants a pillow pets. One time Jantsen brought me a piece of paper and on it he had written www.pillopets.com and said we needed to go on the computer and order one for him. Ha. Kids these days!
(my mother-in-law was the one that broke down and bought my kids' their dog and unicorn pillow pet)

Tiffeny said...

This is an appropriate post for me today. I painted Olivia's room and she watched movies/t.v. from 11-5, with a break for lunch. I SWEAR I never let her watch that much, I feel like an awful mom! :)Jackson is hilarious.

Katie said...

Haha. Joe got a pillow pet for Christmas from his Grandparents and I was pretty surprised/embarrassed that when he opened it he knew exactly what is was and yelled, "it's a pillow pet!"