Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Rest of July

Almost two months since my last post and I have been dreading going back to make up for all that time.  However, I keep telling myself that my kids will thank me later.  Yeah, we'll see. 

So, we still exist.  Today has been a wonderful day full of nothingness which has prompted me to do what has been on the back of my mind for a very long time...blog.  I am also doing this to please my mother as well.  She invited me to dinner tonight.  I declined.  I chose instead to indulge in a hearty bowl of frosted flakes and rejoice in not having to go anywhere.  Today was the temple dedication of the Brigham City Temple so after a quick 1 1/2 hour church meeting followed by a scrumptious breakfast of scones at the parents, and then followed by the nothingness I talked about above, I am summing it up to be a pretty delightful day.  Although my sweet mother wishes I was there tonight (and reminded me again...after declining many a times....that she would have a balanced meal waiting for me) I think she will be happy that I am finally blogging.  BTW Mom, pretty sure a hearty bowl of frosted flakes is super balanced.  Oh and double BTW, who is with me that two meals at the parents is a little excessive?  Maybe I shouldn't write that though, since I may request this of my boys in the future.  Mmmm.

The end of July still ended up happening in our family even though I am just finally getting around to showing you any pictures from it. 

Josie took the boys to the slides and took these fun pictures:

My dad, myself, and Mitchell ran the 24th of July 10K together.

We celebrated the 24th of July at the Cottonwood Heights parade.

 The whole family made it out.  We had a lot of fun.  Definitely a tradition we will be continuing.
And since I have no other picture to document July I'm guessing after the 24th nothing else happened.  Just nothingness, naughtiness, and me cleaning up the messes.

No comments: