I think the classic story for this summer is the story involving this picture:
Righteous Ranger is probably the most loved person in our ward. He comes into the Primary twice a month, looks through his binoculars to find children choosing the right, and then spotlights them. Righteous Ranger usually contacts the parents the week before to find out what special ways their child chooses the right. Righteous Ranger contacted us. Easton, please know I love you, but please also know that this was a hard age for you. Age 3 is not the most righteous time in one's life I've decided. So, when he contacted me about how Easton chooses the right, it took some time to come up with some generic answers.
Righteous Ranger had me tell me him the answers right before he went in and he responded by saying, don't be surprised if I change it up a little. Well....he did.
He looked in his binoculars and discovered that EASTON EVERS had been choosing the right. Easton was beyond over joyed to come up. He got his racoon hat on and Righteous Ranger started to name the ways Easton chooses the right. He names a thing or two, but then names a way that I did NOT name. He said, "Easton chooses the right by being nice to his brothers." Creighton yells out, "That's not true, he is a bully to me." Easton then points right at him and says loudly and definitively, "That's because I hate you."
Silence.
Righteous Ranger was pretty much like, mmm, do I keep going about this kid being righteous? Do I still give him his award? And after the shock and awe left his face, he continued on to act like it never happened.
That's my boy.
Proud parent.
Mitch and I snuck out of the room.
Righteous Ranger came up to us weeks later to replay the story to us as if we weren't there. He also told us, "I have told that story to a million people. Best ever."
So glad we can provide you with entertainment.
We are currently working on kindness in our home.
Oh...and that hate is a bad word. Dislike is what we are trying to move to.
It's not going all that well.
Love you Easton.
1 comment:
A story that will be retold over, and over. I laugh just as hard everytime!
Post a Comment