Sunday, September 23, 2012

Lucky kids

I don't know if my kids really realize how blessed they are to have such wonderful grandparents.  Seriously, until a few months ago they had 10 grandparents.  Some of them live far away and they don't get to see very often, but it's been so nice having my parents so close.  They have had them over for sleep overs, zoo days, underwear swimming (don't ask), and much much more. 

One yearly activity is our celebration of Que's birthday.  This year, Que would have been 21.

We always start it out with a trip to the cemetery.


I love this picture of my mom.
She is such a beautiful lady.
 Then we head back for the cake.  The boys love that they all get to blow out the candles for Que.

Another reason the kids are lucky: My dad took the time to take the boys to the zoo a few times this summer. I am so thankful for such a cool "papa" for my kids. 


I hope the kids cherish this time with their grandparents.  I have so many memories with mine as a kid. 
Thanks mom and dad for all you do for my kids.
I am lucky too.

No comments: