Now that we have our trips over with, Girls camp over with, and the holidays, we are starting the lazy days of summer. Well, lazy for my kids.
For me....it's all about work. Thankfully, my kids are good sports.
My grandparents are moving from their house up in Coalville where they have lived for I think 22 years. I spent MANY summers up there, and so it has been fun to take my kids there the past two Saturdays to give them the experience I had when I was their age. This was what I spent most my time doing. It will be sad to say good bye to this thing:
We have also been playing with cousins.
| My cute baby Graham. |
| Easton with his cool glasses and fashionable glow ring. |
| Creighton loves playing with Graham. |
| And so does Jack. |
We have also been taking bike rides. On Monday night we went for a long bike ride. By the time we got home, I turned around to find Easton like this. How he didn't fall off, I don't know (he is connected to my bike).
I also love Summer because we sometimes don't get dressed all day. And sometimes when we do, it proves to be special:
The other thing I am LOVING is Summer Jobs. Seriously, I am liking this kids getting older and can help you around the house thing. I haven't had to unload the dishwasher in a long time and that is a very nice thing.
They have also been helping with the cooking.
They made us a very scrumptious funfetti cake the other night.
I am really loving these summer days. I thought I would be itching to get them off to school. And though I may change my mind tomorrow, right now I am dreading the day they have to go back.
2 comments:
Love those boys of yours! Glad you've been having a fun summer. Good luck with work!
Fun, fun, fun! They're darling, and so useful, too. I loved the girl's camp stories - because I remembered how much you hate to camp, and also because it just sounded amazing. Thanks!
Post a Comment