Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Clepto

Do all kids steal at one time of their life....or just mine? 

I swear we have had to have the "Thou shalt not steal" lesson in FHE way to often.  I don't know what's up with them. 

I think Easton learned the painful way not to steal though.

In between the my great grandma's funeral and the luncheon, we ran over to WalMart.  We had about a 2 minute drive from WalMart back to the church and the entire time, Easton was screaming in pain.  He was trying to do something with his pants and it appeared that maybe his belt of something was cutting into his stomach. 

This was not the case though.

Instead, when Mitch got him out of his seat, he found a pack of gum shoved down his pants.  That clepto!!!  No wonder he was screaming in pain.  The thing was cutting right into his you know what.  Ouch. 

My thought....serves you right little boy!!  I hope you remember that pain you felt the next time you want to steal something.  More memorable than any lesson at FHE I think.

So, now all 3 have stolen.  I am hoping that's the end to their clepto days.  A mother can always hope.

As a follow-up:  We made Easton go back to WalMart and pay for the gum.  I wanted to just return it, but my sister made a good point.  No one is going to want something that had been shoved down his pants.  True true.  So, I am now enjoying my watermelon gum. (The gum was safely shielded by a plastic layer.)  Easton is not allowed to have any.