Sunday, February 26, 2012

Fond Memories

I miss Omaha.  Everyone always told me while we were going through Law school that we should "enjoy this time, because you will look back at it as the best years of your life."  That first year, I questioned this.  Mitch was stressed and studying, we were poor, I was raising 2 boys that were quite energetic, and being away from "home" for the first time in my life.

Now, I now say this exact thing to anyone I know going through the same experience.  I miss it.  It really was the best years of my life. 

One reason it was so awesome, was for the amazing people that I had around me.  I was surrounded by young mothers going through the exact same thing I was going through.  It was wonderful.  Mitch had some great "Law friends" and I became great friends with their wives and we built lasting friendships.  I miss living aross the street from them.  We talk often about how we only wish we could build our houses just like they were back in the VG and share a backyard.  Oh...how I wish. 

Well, I was lucky enough to get together with 3 of the good friends last weekend.  Of course I have no pictures of us (none of us really felt like getting our picture taken), but I did get some of all our kids and the guys.  It was such a fun night and I only hope that we get to have another again soon.

Back row L to R:  Eric, Annie, Kaitlyn, Joey, Amelia, Lexi, Easton, Ellie, Abbie
Front Row L to R: Jackson, Samantha, Creighton, Ben, Alex

Todd, Mitch, Derek, and Rich

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Well said;) I am still holding out for the shared backyards..