Will you be our Valentine?
Today is Valentines Day and I feel like it is the most prepared I have ever been for any holiday. The last year has been such a whirlwind and as of late, I have found myself with something that I haven't had.....time. Between babies and last year working, holidays have been a "procrastinated with a very last minute ditch effort" for years. However, for this holiday (which really is just a commercialized holiday and isn't all that cool, but hey, it's one and I did something so I'm proud) I didn't procrastinate.
I am so incredibly awesome, haha, that I woke up at 5 and have been making cinnamon rolls for the kiddies and hubby. I am currently waiting for them to raise and praying that they will turn out. This is my first time making them from scratch. I'm generally a "Rhodes Cinnamon Rolls-take them out of the freezer and put them in the oven-and call them homemade" type of girl. We will see how it goes.
On Saturday, the boys and I made about 100 Valentines. Yes, we have that many friends. Ok, not really but making 40 just for the classrooms and then each family member became a lot. Thank goodness for a father that happens to have fake mustaches at his place of employment (don't know many that can say that) and online photo printing to make things cheap and easy.
Then it was onto the dreaded Valentines box. I don't know why, but stuff like that scares me. When I get sent home the first note that I am going to have to make a diorama....I think I'm going to pass out. I mean I actually remember thinking, AS A THIRD GRADER, that this would be an awful part of being a parent. Seriously, for me to think that as a 9 year old, you can tell that I already have anxiety over it. (BTW, thanks mom and dad for staying up for hours helping me make that diorama...and again I am sorry for telling you about it at 8:00 the night before it was due.)
Jackson wanted to make a robot for his Valentines box and we are quite proud of it's turn out. Especially considering that I couldn't find any ideas online. (Normally I like to find a picture online to base things off of....sadly, no such luck.) Here was the result:
And then, to top off my 1st Super Mom Holiday ever......wait for it........I made them Valentines. I intend to ring the doorbell sneakily this morning and suprise them. I mean honestly, how cool am I?
All right, so there is the end of my astonishment for all I have done. It's sad that I am so excited over just a few small things, but when you're used to doing no small things, small things are a lot. Here's to baby steps and an awesome Easter.
P.S. I love you my Valentines. Thank you for all the love you always give me, even when I am far from being Super Mom.
3 comments:
You are so awesome and creative! Your diaramas are going to be amazing!
So proud of you! And don't forget you even made a home cooked dinner.
We just got the Valentine today. Westin loved it... so did I! So cute, Allie!!!
Post a Comment