For the record, Easton is not even two and a half.
I say this on the record, because quite frankly, I believe it to be a miracle.
Jackson was trained on his 3rd birthday and I don't even want to discuss Creighton (there were too many dates that I thought he was "trained"). I pretty much have told everyone, "Oh, just wait until they are three." Well, I have proved myself wrong. It can be done. However, I still stand firm that every kid is so different. Holy hannah, do I know that to be true.
Easton has been awesome. I can't say that he is 100% potty trained, but we have hit some milestones.
My mother-in-law took him all day on Monday. She said he had three accidents right off the bat and she admitted that she just about drove to Wal-Mart to buy some pull-ups. She hung in there (which I have to say she is much more patient than I would have been....I think I would have given up after the first) and after that he went three times in the potty (2 numbers ones and 1 number two). The trick: Gum. He LOVES gum and now everytime he goes he just says, "Gum" right after. Once he got back to our house though, he had an accident and I pretty much thought that I was cursed and it was just my mother in law that could do it. However, a little while after that, he told me he had to go, and he did. Fabulous.
We had a wet night in a pull-up, and accident to begin day 2, but then he was great the entire day. Especially considering that I gave him little to no attention the entire day (I was out side moving an humongous pile of dirt into a dumpster. Oh so fun.). I would come in to find him naked, with his short and underwear off outside the bathroom door and pee all over the bathroom floor. I finally now realized that he was probably actually sitting on the little training potty, but that he didn't "push the pee-pee down" which formed a fountain on my floor. Still though, I deemed it a successful day because without supervision he was going in the bathroom, taking his clothes off, and going. Quite proud.
We had a special accident at the baseball game last night in the really nasty public park restroom that we prefer not to talk about, but other than that, he was perfect. Again, a proud mommy.
As for day 3, it's been close to perfect. He was dry through the night. Pooped in the morning in the potty. However, diarrhea with potty training is not cool. He got that this afternoon and it's been a little bit harder but I still think he's made it on 75% of the time which I consider good odds for a little guy.
So, I won't say it's over (made that mistake with Creighton) but I will say that I am cautiously optimistic. Also, it wasn't that bad. In fact, it's been quite easy. Maybe the Lord went easier on me this time because he knows that I might snap. They say you are only given what you can handle, right? Anyway, tomorrow's another day. We'll see how it goes.
I can't believe in 2 weeks time my baby had his binky and diapers thrown away. Still though, he's my baby.
| My baby boy...in undies. |
6 comments:
That picture of Easton is adorable...haha. I love that Jack is in his underware too in the background. Ha. Miss you. And congrats to Easton! Binky, Diapers and all! yay!
Yay Easton!!
Easton is a baby doll. And he looks so cute in those undies! I am so jealous too. I feel like a failure that Beck still has binkies and is not potty trained.
OH....and those glasses...are so funny. Easton wore them up to Layton and they are hilarious.
jealous!
So he basically did it on his own? I'm amazed. No three-day-drink a ton of water-stuck-in-your-house-24/7? I'm jealous. Way to go Easton!
Post a Comment