Sunday, June 26, 2011

Our Busy Summer

Blogging just doesn't happen anymore.  This is for a few reasons.

1.  The weather.  It's finally been nice and we have been spending a lot of time at the pool (don't expect any pictures, however --- that would require me to take them.)

2.  My internet.  Let's just say that is leaves much to be desired.  I just waited 10 minutes to upload these photos.  Lame.  Makes me think.... how did I ever do dial up AND "Qwest, these are NOT lightning fast speeds."

3.  Time.  Just don't have it.  My own fault though.  I bring it all on myself so no one should feel bad.

So, it's been two weeks since my last post.  Here's what we were up to:

We all went to the dentist (with the exception of Mitch - apparently he is exempt).  The boys did great and loved it.  My experience wasn't quite as delightful, but I no longer have to take IB profin every time I eat, so that's a plus.


After going to the dentist, we of course had to get a snow cone.

Just kidding all you dental friends.  We didn't get the snow cone right after.  We listened to our dentist and we didn't eat for a half hour as instructed.  This was a few hours after.

Easton ate a purple marker and had a really cool mustache.

 Mitch and I did Ragnar and we had SO much fun.  We can't wait for next year.

We decided at the last minute to head up to the Manti pageant.  Never had been and thought we would experience it.  Thoughts?  Super glad we brought mosquito repellent, could have been an hour shorter, should have brought more caffeine for the drive home, but all and all we were glad we went.
 Creighton enjoyed dancing for everyone before the show started.
 A few days ago a butterfly flew into my parents house.  The boys spent an hour trying to capture it while I was helping my mom with something.  When I came out of the "dungeon" to check on them, I found they had torn up leaves and spread them through the entire house to try and lure the butterfly out.
 I think my mom really enjoys when we come to visit.
We never did find the butterfly.
Easton got a black eye.  No clue where it came from.  We are awesome parents.
Last night Mitch and I attended our 10 year reunion.  Has it really been that long?  Crazy!  We got the runner up award for being married the longest at 9 1/2 years.

This week is a special week.  The Jack Attack is turning 6.  Crazy how time flies.

Oh, and as for potty training:  E has been amazing.  Besides the few accidents when I am not in the house when he has to go - so that means go dump it in various places through the house (why not just one, I am not sure) - he has been perfect.  Now I am trying to teach my older boys that just because there is a little potty in the garage that I will sometimes take on car rides, you do not need to urinate in it.  Apparently, they really had to go though and the short walk inside was just too far.  Oh boys.  Still love you, but sometimes I have to ask myself "why?"

4 comments:

Melyn said...

My favorite thing about going to the dentist was getting treats after :) Congrats on Ragnar again! And I can't believe you've been married for 9.5 years! Wow! And that Jack is turning 6!!! Wow.

Courtney said...

Love the stories. Love those boys! Oh, and I saw pictures on FB of the reunion. I can't believe some of the old ones - brought back many memories of those good ol' days!

Marianne said...

So much fun! Can't even comment on everything because they all look so great.

Jason and Tawni said...

I am loving the update. The boys are hilarious. I am pretty sure ripping up leaves and placing them strategically throughout the house to capture the butterfly is the most genius thing I have ever heard. I must remember that the next time that happens here. The reunion was so fun and I am super happy we could go experience that together. You guys should have won the longest marriage though. I still feel like you got ripped off.