To recap the week:
- Jackson graduated from Kindergarten on Tuesday. Can we say hallelujah??! Hallelujah! Seriously, he went to more school in Omaha the year before for Pre-K than he has been going for Kindergarten AND it didn't start at 8:00 a.m. AND it was closer AND I had an awesome car pool. This 3 hour thing with 1/2 day Fridays has been a joke. I couldn't be more excited for summer. (Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest.)
- Easton is fully potty trained. He has been awesome. He has one or two accidents each day since the kick-off day on Monday, but the last 2 days have been completely accident free and he's doing great. Our only problem now....as soon as he feels the urge, he takes his pants off. Not so cool when you're in sacrament meeting. Oh, one other side note too.....Easton sits on the big potty to go number 1!!! This is awesome. However, with getting my urinal installed next week, I'm kind of wishing I wasn't getting one because I want him to sit down forever (at least while living in my house).
- Creighton has moved on from eating his clothes, pictures, paper, etc. and actually started eating his finger. NO JOKE! It's so sad, but the whole top of it is red where a layer of skin has been peeled off. It really hurts him though so I'm hoping it taught him a lesson: eating things other than food is bad.
- I ran the UV Marathon yesterday. Jacked my knee up at about mile 13. Lame. Same thing I did it to it about a year ago. Hoping to get a cortizone shot in the next 2 days so I can still run Ragnar. Hoping.
- We went to a big shin-dig at my next door neighbors house to celebrate her last day of Chemo. She has three little boys too and was diagnosed with breast cancer just over a year ago. Really makes me think. Really makes me grateful.
-Can you believe I don't have any kids in diapers? This is huge for me. It's been 6 years straight with no breaks in between. Whoa. Will I ever be able to go back? It questionable. Very questionable at this point. :)
That's about it. We did lots of other super adventurous stuff like going to Sams Club, scrubbing the toilets, running through sprinkers and watching movies, but we'll save those stories for another time.
3 comments:
way to go easton! i'd take striping over diapers any day!
sorry about your knee. it's the worse thing EVER. i hope you can run the ragnar... it is so awesome!
creighton, creighton, creighton... are you sure you feed the kid food? sounds like he's in survival mode! :)
Are you freaking out because I am checking your blog??? It's a step in the right direction. I have missed reading your stories and updates. You make me laugh. So sorry about your knee. You still rocked 9 minute miles with an injury so I'm way impressed. You are amazing. Yay for potty training. I can't even imagine how amazing that must feel for you. Six years with diapers and no breaks deserves some time off. So it may sound like you guys are done adding to the Evers Clan??? I am laughing about Creighton. I am happy for Jackson. I am proud of you. Thanks for making me smile today!
That's so awesome about Easton! Yay for being potty trained!
So sad about Creighton's finger :( Ouch!
Hope your knee feels better after the cortisone shot!
Can you imagine how much money you'll save now that you don't have to buy diapers? Wow! :)
Post a Comment