So, I think it's about time that I write this post. Whenever I see friends or family that I haven't seen a while, they will sometimes comment about my blog. Then later, when I start to say something about my boys, they get this, "Oh my heck, I am so glad they are not my kids look in their eyes." As you may or may not be able to tell, I am writing this blog for my boys. I am planning to make it into a book for them (who knows if I will ever actually do it, but hey it's the thought that counts right) and I would hate for them to think that the only things I write about or remember about them are the naughty things they do. Granted, they sometimes seem engrained in my memory. However, they really are good kids. So, this post it to tell them that. It's not to brag to all of you about their awesomeness, it's purely to let the 3 most special little beings in the entire world know how super cool I think they really are. Boys, to tell you that you are good, I will point out some facts.
#1 - When we moved to the new house, we used reverse phsycology and got you to make up rules. You thought this was the coolest thing ever. The rules you made up were awesome. The rules were: 1- Take shoes off inside. You guys have been amazing! You always remember and it's such a habit that you do it the second you walk into anyone's house. So cool. 2- No urinating on the carpet. If it wasn't for this afternoon (no names given), I would say that no one had broken this rule. So proud. 3- No standing or climbing on the couch. Except for Easton (which let's face it....he's not doing the greatest at some of these rules, but I don't think he has quite grasped it all) it has never been done. 4- No peeing all over the bathroom. This probably wasn't a fair rule, because let's face it. It's hard (at least your dad tells me that). But....there is a pack of anti-bacterial wipes and I noticed Jackson cleaning up after he was done. Good job Jack! 5- No food or drink on the carpet. So good at this (except Easton once again). Jack even told my mom today that he couldn't eat the fruit snack she brought in for the boys to eat while they were watching a movie. He told her, "I don't want to break the rule." 6- Don't pick your nose. We're working on it. We'll say that much. 7-Ask mom and dad before going outside. Kind of forgot about this rule. I'll start enforcing. 8- No bad words. Yee hah! Since leaving Grandma's, Creigh, you have been doing great.
#2 - At both Jack and Creigh's Parent Teacher conferences they told me that they were one of the best in the class and they received the highest marks in just about everything! I asked about Creighton's behavior and they told me he was really really good and probably the funniest kid in the class. Oh, so proud. Not only your teachers at school think your awesome, btw, but your teachers at church think you are too. I still remember a nursery leader whispering to me last year, "Creighton is my favorite." It made me smile.
#3 - We've instigated quiet time again (Oh, how I have missed you Quiet Time) and the boys are quiet. So. Fabulous.
#4- They love to help. Please say this lasts forever. Ok, I know I am dreaming. Loving it right now.
#5 - Lastly, and most importantly, they love eachother. When I drop Jack off at school each morning. He goes and gives each of his brothers a kiss and tells us each that he loves us. Then, after exiting the car, in front of the other kids, he uses both hands to blow a TON of kisses to us (and we of course do it back.) You can't tell me that's not a good kid.
So boys. There you have it. You were good boys back in the day. You weren't just little terrors. You made your mommy proud, many, many times. Love you.
3 comments:
They are such amazing boys.
You really do have wonderful boys! So sweet and caring and so loved. They are lucky to have such an awesome mom too! Miss you guys!
This is such a good idea. Great job writing these things down Al. They will love to read this one day. And I agree. Your boys are the best!
Post a Comment