Sunday, June 5, 2011

We have grass!

It has been a long couple weeks, but I am happy thrilled to announce that we finally have grass.  I think it's safe to say that all our neighbors are quite thrilled about this as well.  They now no longer no how to describe where they live.  They used to just say, "We live right next to the house with the dead yard."  Yay!!! 

We had so many people help and we were so grateful since we had no idea what we were doing.  It was a long day and I could barely move when I woke up this morning, but when I look outside....it was all worth it.

The prep work has been going on for a few weeks.  Almost "Uncle Matt" has been a good sport and takes the kids on Wheel barrow rides.
                                                    
 My mom has done an amazing job helping me pick stuff to plant in the beds.
 She even designed a new bed on the side of the house that wasn't there before.  It looks great!  I am so glad she has this talent to make up for my lack of talent in this area.

Then yesterday, the grass was delivered....layed.....and then.....
Wah la!!
FINALLY!!!  Hip hip hooray!

7 comments:

Melyn said...

It looks SOO good! Yay! I love the flower bed that your mom designed. She is so talented!

The Peterson's said...

It looks so great.

angie said...

your house is so cute!!!

Mark and Brynne Rose said...

The house looks great!! We are finally moving back in two weeks yay to Utah!!

Courtney said...

Looks amazing!

Unknown said...

LOVE it ALLIE!! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!

Jason and Tawni said...

OMG - I love it Al! It looks so different from the last time that I saw it. I am loving it! I can only imagine the work that has gone into it. I am so happy for you guys!!!!!