Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Technology

This post may be offensive.  If you are one to be easily offended, I warn you now, don't read.

I've had this post in my head for a while.  I never actually get fingers to keyboard and get it out, but every time I get a text from a sweet, amazing, wonderful someone that will remain nameless...I am reminded I want to get it out.

There is a reason this blog is not private.  The reason:  this special nameless person.  They just couldn't figure out how to get on to my site.  (I will note that this special nameless person has since figured it out.  Yay!)  Now I am not private just because.  But remember, we don't remind the Mitchell.

This special nameless person has started texting in the last few months and it has provided me with great entertainment.  Have you ever seen the site, "When Parents Text."  There have been times when I want to send some of these texts in.

The best was when this special nameless person got a app called, "Dragon Dictation."  Have you heard of it?  You can talk it in and it will type out what you are saying.  Yeah, it doesn't work.  IN THE LEAST.

However, I kind of wish this special nameless person used it still because it provided me with great entertainment.  My favorite part.....every time he/she would say my husband's name (Mitch), the M was replaced with a B.  Here are a few of the favorites (I will edit Mitch's name by just writing a B):

-Did B get a computer.  Cock me.  Ummm..What?

-Get jacket on the bus this morning and what the weather did Jack get on the bus and what is the weather.  Ummm....What?  What???

-Are Allie this is **** recording my text how's everything going and I got to meet Nick can you give me a call.  Ummm....who's Nick?  and maybe you shouldn't record your texts.  (P.S. it wasn't Nick...I can't remember who it was but it wasn't even close to that name.)

OK. That's probably enough.  I could go on but I don't want to make this special nameless person feel bad.  I will say that since "Dragon Dictation" is no longer used and the texts are much better So....for this reason, I do not blame the person.  I blame Technology.

It is never User Error.  It's always Technology.  Yes, Yes, Always.

In closing, I will leave you with some of my favorites from "When Parents Text . COM"


MOM:Do you want waffles or muffins for breakfast? Just text “A1” for waffles or “B1” for muffins.
ME:Why did you go through all that trouble? Why can’t I just text “waffles” or “muffins”?
MOM:We are texting in code! ;););) :)
ME:Waffles
MOM:A1 or B1?
ME:WAFFLES
MOM:Sooo…A1?
ME:Mom. Yes.
MOM:I think I would rather have muffins. I’m making muffins

WHEN GRANDPARENTS TEXT:
GRANDPA:I finished the harry potter movie. Couldnt hear half of it because my hearing aid fell out but it was visually stimulating. But not as visually stimulating as Avatar. What is Voldamert’s purpose in life?

MOM: Your great aunt just passed away.  LOL
ME:  Why is that funny?
MOM:  It's not funny!  Wht do you mean?
ME:  Mom lol mean laughing out loud!
MOM:  Oh my goodness!!  I sent that to everyone I thought it meant lots of love.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Literally laughing out loud!

anya said...

um... that was me (anya) not scott (the hubby).

Marianne said...

My mom (I mean, special someone) texts like a teenager, and it's really annoying, so I guess it's a no-win thing that way. I loved the underwear day... What fun!

Courtney said...

Allie, your stories make me laugh. You life needs to be a sitcom. I just read through the last 3 posts and was LOL (laughing out loud). I know it's not funny to you, at the time, but it's entertaining for your readers... and some day it will be for you too.

Melyn said...

I am dying laughing! Oh man!

Bleak's said...

I read these a while ago with Andrew and we couldn't stop laughing. I want to hear more of the crazy texts you were recieving... just for a good laugh. To funny!