Sunday, February 13, 2011

Amazing Things Happen

Last night I was watching a movie and one of the characters really said something that struck me.  They said how the kids will drive you crazy, do awful things, drive you crazy, and then....something amazing happens.  Then....they drive you crazy, do awful things, drive you crazy, and then....something amazing happens.  I couldn't agree more.

So....I go in the bathroom and see how nasty it is and I'm bugged.  Then, one of them spills their entire glass of apple juice.  Then, one of them hits me in the head with a plastic bat (not on purpose of course, but it still hurt).  But then...I see all of them standing their with their little bums facing me getting ready for the bath to fill up with water and I realize this whole motherhood thing really is magical and I don't want them to grow up.  Then, one of them gets a sharpie and writes all over.  Then, one of them gets climbs out of their crib for the millionth time.  Then, one of them climbs out of their bed, runs outside their room naked, and pees on the floor.  But then....they cry for me and just want one more hug and they hug me and tell me they love me and something amazing happens and I am happy and I wouldn't trade motherhood for anything.

I am thankful for those amazing moments.  I am thankful to be a mother.  I am thankful for the three cutest boys in the entire world.



1 comment:

Tiffeny said...

Olivia and I were looking at the pictures of your boys sitting on the couch. I asked her where Easton went and she said, "He move." And then she burst into tears. It was so sad. We are coming to Utah in May for my sisters wedding, we'll have to get together! And I know exactly how you feel about amazing moments.