Sunday, February 13, 2011

Ain't it great, Mitch is 28!

So I just told Mitch that I had to blog.  He said, "What about?" I replied, "Um, your birthday."  He then said that since I didn't get him a birthday present, me not blogging about his birthday could be his present.

I then politely reminded him about the two gifts I gave him and here I am blogging.

Love you honey!

I selfishly must admit that a spouse's birthday is not all that fun (father's day has to be the worst ).  On that day, don't you feel like you can't ask the hubby for anything?  I wear my super happy and cheesy face all day (sometimes my mouth even hurts a little from the smiling) and I usually end up baking all day. (Father's Day, as I mentioned, is the worst because then you're at church having to act like you don't need any help and you're baking, cooking, etc....all with that smile.)

Well, with Mitch ferociously studying for the bar, we didn't get to see him much.  We were able to meet him at Sweet Tomatoes with his family to celebrate.  There is something about Sweet Tomatoes that makes my kids crazy.  Seriously crazy.  Mitch was about a half hour late and I felt bad for every other customer in the joint until he showed up.  Unable to get the kids food and keep them under control, I returned back to the table to find Creighton: going around asking random people if they wanted some mac n cheese, Showing his cousin his underwear, and the worst.....he had a butter knife in each hand and he was doing some type of karate move.  Yes, very embarrassing.

After Mitch arrived, I felt like I wasn't being ganged up on and we had an enjoyable evening.

Here are some pics from the evening.


I'm so sad this picture turned out blurry.  How you can you be mad at this face?
I still was....but it was short lived.







Could you tell on the cake pictures that one of my kids got a hold of my camera and I'm guessing they must have licked the lens?  Thanks boys.

Happy Birthday Mitch!

3 comments:

angie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
angie said...

i always forget you guys are just babies!! 28 sounds so young! ;)

(the deleted comment is mine... too many spelling errors!)

driftwood13@gmail.com said...

Mitch, Hope your Birthday was great, good luck with your studing!
Michelle