#1 - I am tired, my mom is tired, and my sister is tired of having wet bums when we sit down to go to the bathroom. I don't understand why they can't get their urine in the toilet. How hard is it? I really wish I would have taught them to sit down. Mitch absolutely forbid this. He claims it makes them less of men. WHO CARES?? They aren't men. They are boys.
The reason for the ranting....I just went to go to the bathroom, RIGHT after the bathroom had been cleaned and here is what I found.
#2 - Being awoken in the dead of sleep - The last 2 nights (while Mitch was away) I was awoken from a very deep sleep to a crying E. I go in there to find him....in the nude...shivering. You would think that I would have learned from this after the 1st night and secured his pj's. However, as I mentioned, I was in a DEEP sleep. I remembered him crying and I remembered being really frustrated, but I didn't remember the nude part until he did it again the 2nd night. It's really hard getting a diaper on and pajamas when you are totally out of it. Last night, he was especially cold because he was laying in his pee. I think that's why I remember more clearly because it also involved moving him into a different bed. Tonight, we will be securing the pjs.
#3 - Cabin Fever -
| What I came down to when I got out of the shower. Who knows where the chocolate face came from. |
My kids are into everything. This house is hard for me to keep track of them. They are being really "creative" and I can't wait for Spring.
Tell me if this is a terrible idea (don't worry, my sister and parents already told me how awful I am and that what I am describing is "jail," but I still really want it). OK...so I was thinking that when we finally get a house, I want to have a giant room in the basement with a 5 foot walls. Just tall enough so the kids couldn't get out, but that I could easily see in. There would be a door that locks and a "drive-through" type window where I can put in toys and they can slide them back (of course they can only get the new toys when the old toys have been put through the window). It would the "FUN ROOM." I would have a mini tramp, a slide, a t.v. w/ a bean bag, and each wall would be either a chalk board, white board, magnet board, etc. How cool huh? Basically I just want a place that would contain the destruction. Even if it's just while I shower or go to the bathroom. Not somewhere they have to be all day. Just somewhere to save me from wondering...."Hmmm, I haven't seen child #2 in a while" and then find out why and cry.
Ok, ok, I'm done. There you have it.
Oh, and so I go out on a good note, here are some pictures of when I was trying to be a cool mom yesterday and took them to the children's museum:
Oh and if I haven't mentioned it, I have the coolest kids ever! I love them, love them, love them....Even when I am super frustrated. And a special thanks to my dad and sister for watching the children so I could write this post. It was very appreciated.


5 comments:
I like your fun room idea, but I'm not sure it would work. Your boys would find a way to escape, they're way too clever.
Allie, I love this post, it makes me remember when! I feel your pain,frustration and love. Keep being the great mom you are.
Love you Michelle
I hear you on the pee!!! I seriously find myself cleaning my bathroom daily and it still stinks!
We are so missing you our runs our just not the same!!!
HaHA HA! I really miss you telling me these stories face to face! But at least you can't see me laughing! :) My kids also have MAJOR cabin fever and I have about had it! My ideas are running short. Well if you haven't tried making a "fort" yet. Try that. It will entertain them for a little bit! :) Miss you guys!
When I had just two boys I wanted a room with plexi-glass down the middle...with only toys on either side...so they could see each other...but not touch each other...and stay out of trouble.
Post a Comment