I know I have a lot of back tracking to do. So much has happened in the last two weeks, but for documentation purposes, this post must come now.
Tonight, the realization has occurred. My baby is growing up. We are less than a month away from finally being done with Vitamin D milk. We are on the countdown to potty training. We are hearing the vocabulary increase. Tonight, we are witnessing E's first night in a big boy bed.
I didn't want this. I still want him to be my baby. I am not ready for him to grow up. I guess even if we aren't ready, sometimes our kids just are. I guess he is. :(
He climbed into bed with the big boys and we figured that we would end up moving him into his crib like we always do. However, after checking on him a few times and finding him still awake but quietly laying in bed, we didn't feel like we could punish him and take him to his crib. So, we left him. Now he is asleep. Laying there........................like a big boy.
2 comments:
it's so bitter-sweet. my older girls are so much fun, but when i look back at pictures of them when they were really little it's so sad. i guess you just have to enjoy every stage and not take any for granted. (savor every diaper you change until he's potty-trained!!!)
Oh, that makes me sad too. I see E as a baby too, just as Beckham. It was so good to see you. Cannot wait for Christmas.
Post a Comment