Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Week

Everything in my life felt like it was all going to culminate and come to a head in one week.  There were so many unanswered questions.  So many balls in the air.  They were all going to be answered and all the balls were literally going to fall in one week.  The week was November 9 - November 15th.

For weeks I had been working on a boutique that I would be traveling to in Denver.  I had no idea what it would be like. No idea how my books would be received, and no idea if it was going to be worth it.  After weeks of really hard work, I packed up the 200 books I had slaved over along with what felt like everything else in my house, and made the 8 hour journey to Denver.

I was so blessed to have my mom meet me there.  She was amazing.  She ran the NY marathon on Sunday, changed her itinerary to come home Monday, then left Tuesday to meet me in Denver.  She stayed with me until Friday, flew back to Utah, just to turn around and leave Saturday to meet the whole gang in Florida.  I couldn't have done the show without her and I am so incredibly grateful that there aren't words to even describe my gratitude.  Plus, it was just fun for it to just be her and I.....even if there were some stressful times as well as many "lost" feelings while on the confusing roads of Denver.

It's sad that that was the only picture I took the whole time.  I wish I would have taken some pictures of my mom and I.

So, that question was answered.  The show came, the show went, and it's over.  I know how I did and the anticipation is over.  I'm glad I did it and I'm glad my mom was there to help.

During the show, there were a couple other big things happening in my family's life.  Some were sad, some were stressful, and some just made us say....well, at least we know.  Sadly, my sweet Uncle Tom passed away after his battle with cancer on November 11th (Veteran's Day - which happened to be his very favorite holiday).  My heart aches and still aches for my Aunt Debbie.  For those of you who are blessed to know her, I am sure you are aching as well because she is one of the most incredible people I have ever met.  Her and  Uncle Tom are such a cute couple and the sweetest people you'd ever meet.

While I was in Denver, Mitch was at home with the boys and packing them to get ready for our much anticipated trip to "Mickey's House."  We originally were all scheduled to depart from Omaha on Friday night.  After signing up for the boutique, we decided to book me another flight to leave on Saturday so I could stay at the show an extra day.  So, Mitch left Easton with our neighbors for the night (Thanks again Katie!) and left with the other two on Friday night (What?  Mitch can't handle all 3 on a flight by himself?? lol).  I, on the other hand, packed up my booth and eventually pulled out of Denver at 6:45 (7:45 central time)  p.m. and made the 8 hour journey to Omaha to arrive about 3 a.m.  I woke up at 6 to unpack and then pack for Florida to make our 11 a.m. flight.  Thankfully, Easton was incredibly good and I couldn't have been more thankful for that.

While there were other large events that happened that week, one that I can just say "at least we know" is that we know where we are going.  We still don't know what we are doing, but I at least feel like we have a small plan.  We are pulling out of Omaha in approximately 3 weeks.  We are headed to Utah for Mitch to start his bar review course.  After almost 9 years of marriage and never having to live with family, we are humbling ourselves and moving in.  Hopefully we will find a job soon and then a house, but you'll have to stay tuned.

I am so sad to be leaving Omaha but that will have to be another post by itself.  Right now I don't feel like crying so I will save that for another time.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

I seriously don't even know where you get the energy to accomplish everything you do. You are simply amazing. Congratulations on the show. I was hoping to hear more details about sales :) I hope you felt that it was worth all the work and time. I hope it was.

Can't wait to see pictures and hear stories from Mickey's House.

Big move ahead... I'll be keeping you in my prayers that everything goes smoothly. I'm also hoping that you'll be back in Utah when we get there. I'll email you about dates.

The Peterson's said...

It really was a week of everything. So glad its over.

Unknown said...

What a week for you. I am so glad I was able to talk to you on the phone during your drive. It's funny how your call really came at the right time for me...seriously, but you probably needed the chat just as much as I did.
I don't think people will ever realize what a blessing you were to those living in Omaha. I am sure everyone will miss you.
love ya!