I had one of "those" days yesterday. Those who are mothers know what one of "those" days are. You generally know when you are having one by around 9 a.m. that morning, however, it doesn't end until....ummm....well it's unknown. Mine, didn't really end.
First off, my boys now like getting up in the 6 a.m. hour. I am up anyway, but there is nothing like coming home from running to a quiet house. Yeah, that doesn't happen anymore. Instead I generally walk into someone crying and everyone starving. There's nothing super horrendous that really happened yesterday morning. I think the day was bad for many reasons and some being my intense onriness mashed together with my children's (particularly one child) behavior to create this perfect storm. Grocery shopping with 3 children on a busy BBQ day definitely doesn't help. Or maybe it was jealousy of seeing all the other husbands home with their families. Who knows.
I was in near tears in frustration with my children when I found they had taken a package of crystal light (which had 5 packets inside) and dumped them into the small garbage can downstairs to make some concoction. Upset, Very Upset, I scream, and go upstairs to catch my breath and try to hold it together. Then my boy's friend come upstairs crying and come to find out my son BIT him.....HARD. Are you kidding?? He is way too old to be biting and he has never bitten before. AHHHHHHH! Tears, screaming, etc. I tell him he will stay in his room forever. (Way to stay cool I know look back and think.)
Thanks to a good friend's words of encouragement, I put on my happy face and pull together a little BBQ. All is good in the world. Then the blow out by Easton followed by being met by a naked Creighton at the door (did anyone know he went inside to go to the bathroom....guess not). He has poop smeared down his legs and tells me he pooped his pants. Hose them off in the tub, stick all three in a new bath, and get them dressed for bed. Leave for a minute. Come back to the smell of throw up. Easton threw up on their bed and smeared it all over the pillows. Yummy. I also can still smell poop. Where is it coming from? Oh....there in the hamper. Yes, there in the hamper is Creighton's shoe with a large amount of poop on it (that he must have stepped in) and his underwear. Kids in bed.
Off to clean up the throw up and the bathroom where Creighton's pooping massacre occurred. I'm guessing he must have pooped his pants, proceeded to slide them down and off his legs smearing it along his legs as it went. Then with his shoes still on, stepped in the poop. Some must have dropped all over the rug where he stepped on it again in approximately 4 large spots. Then decided to sit on the toilet, smearing that as well, and using about a 1/2 a roll of toilet paper to wipe up. After finishing 8 loads of laundry earlier in the day....I start 2 more. One for the throw up bedding, and one for the massacre.
To make the day even better, I didn't go to sleep that night. Being the loving wife I am, I stayed up with Mitch to give him encouragement as we pulled an all nighter to complete a project he had to finish for work. We started it at 8:00 p.m. and we finished at 8:10 a.m. Thankfully, I have an awesome friend who took my kids at 9:30 and I slept from 9:30 this morning to 2:30. Oh, and my kids are asleep right now and I am thinking: Life is Good. It really is. To prove it, I am posting a picture of why it really is:

Even when I have one of "those" days, I wouldn't trade it for anything.....except maybe a better day with them and less screaming by me. :)
9 comments:
I'm so sorry Al. Three more days! Three more days!
It always feels good to vent after one of those days. It's a good thing kids are cute.
wow. and my main thought from this post was "mitch is one lucky guy to have you stay up with him." todd would have been on his own.
i don't know how you do it all, once ellie is in bed i struggle to clean the kitchen and make todd's lunch. you really are an amazing mom & wife.i am constantly impressed by all you do.
You are an awesome mom Allie! And I agree...Mitch is really lucky you helped him! We will all pitch in to help on the cruise :)
Oh how sad! I only knew up until dinner. As if I thought your day couldn't get worse. I am so sorry! Nothing like an up coming vacation huh?! You are wonder woman!
Allie I wish I was there to help you!!! I am so sorry. I know you aren't looking for sympathy...but still I really wish I could have been there to help you! Maybe I will send kyle over to your house. He is in need of a family. He will take care of your kiddos so you can relax!
love you girl, miss you!!
I'm so sorry! I agree with Jenny, you are Wonder Woman for pulling an all-nighter after that crummy day!
Is it bad that I just copied this post and emailed it to a couple friends? You are such a great story teller that I had to share. I love you girl. Great picture of you and the boys too. Miss you. Love you.
why can't you have "one of those days" that doesn't include poop? that's not too much to ask for!! i wish i was closer so i could help you out when needed! on a happier note... congrats on being able to run again. that is awesome!! i want to do the las vegas ragnar... look into it!!
Post a Comment