Friday, June 25, 2010

Company

We were so blessed and lucky to have Mitch's brother and his 3 boys come stay with us for about a week. His oldest just left today and we were sad to see him go. It was really fun to have all of them, really fun, and really busy. I didn't realize how much 8 boys eat. Lots of cooking, tried to do the cleaning (something I'm never great at) and now that I am alone....I've just been sitting here. In fact, I've been sitting on my couch for about 90 minutes now. Mitch went to a college world series game. I have been looking for ideas for Super Saturday and catching up on all of you (aka blog stalking) and enjoying the thought that my kids were all asleep. Turns out they were not and I can still hear them up there now. (Seriously, they have been in there for 90 minutes, what is taking them so long?!) I didn't see any major catastrophes, however, so joy to the world for that. Well, I should showing the many pictures from our company's stay here and other great things that have occurred like Father's Day and such, but instead I sit. I sit with dishes piled in the sink and table, papers scattered all around me, a full and early day to prepare for for tomorrow, and kids obviously still awake. Perhaps I should stand. Maybe that would help keep me from sitting and I could get motivation to move. Hmmmm. We'll see.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You sit there because you spent the last 2 days straight doing everything for me. You cleaned, you cooked, and you packed like crazy for me!!! You are the best! You really saved me! thanks! love ya tons!

Tiffeny said...

I know how you feel!

Jason and Tawni said...

You are a rockstar no matter what you might think. I don't care if you sit or stand, you are one of my heroes. It's also nice to know that I am not the only one who sits on the couch in a vegetable like state while there is housework to do and preparations to be made for the next day. You make me feel better without even trying!!!!!!! Love you!!!!!!!!!