For a very long time, my family and I have been planning a big surprise party bash to celebrate my mom's 50th marathon. We decided that rather than celebrate her 50th birthday (which is in January) we would celebrate her huge accomplishment of 50 under 50. Thanks to my sister Josie, the party all came together and the surprise was a huge success! (The surprise can also be due to my incredible lying I might add.)
Here she is coming out of the car completely shocked while we sang, "For she's a jolly good runner."

Lucky for me, we had Cafe Rio cater and it was wonderful. They set everything up and it was nice not having to do any food prep. While my family was at a movie, I decorated a little and set out her 50 medals for people to admire.

Here is the plaque I had made for her. You can't see it very well, but it has all 50 marathons listed around the edge, a quote in the middle, and 5 hooks for her 50 medals. The lady who made it for me did such an amazing job. She did it in black, silver, and green which is the colors of her room.

When we got home from the marathon, this "Yard Art" was standing in our yard. My grandpa makes yard art and I thought this was one of his most original pieces. Can you tell? It's my mom! He even welded 50 on her backside...

and made her tongue sticking out. Plus, don't you love the earrings!?!

It was so much fun to see a lot of family and friends. It had been a while since I had seen most of them and I was so happy to catch up with them. I know that Jack and Creigh would have loved to have been there too, but they were having fun back in Omaha with Mitch going on a father son camp out. (Sorry no details on that because I still haven't gotten any other than it was cold and there was an accident in the borrowed sleeping bag.)
Thanks Mom & Dad for flying E & me out. Thanks Josie for doing almost all the work to get the party together. Thanks to my friends who watch Jack & Creigh so I could go. And thanks to Mitch for watching the boys so I could go for the weekend. It was a fun, fast trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment