Saturday, May 22, 2010

50 Under 50

This post is late, and I know most of you already know this, but I want to document this for my kids. I want them to be able to read about this amazing accomplishment their grandma has completed. I want them to be inspired. I want them to set goals of their own.

My mom started running when she was 35. I still remember going with her on her first run. She was only running a mile and she was constantly having to run/walk, run/walk. In less than 15 years, she has now ran 50 marathons. Incredible. Last week, Channel 2 did a news story on her and her accomplishment. Here's the link to the story:


I could go on and on about my mom. She has overcome a lot in her life. She is a strong woman and I woman I greatly admire and look up to. I am proud to be her daughter and I am thankful for her and all she does for me and my family.

Yeah Mom!!!!


2 comments:

Kristi said...

Hey how come I wasn't invited to the party. What an awesome story! She's not only an awesome mom but an awesome aunt!

Courtney said...

I finally just watched the news story... tears in my eyes. Your mom is awesome. Please tell her I think she's amazing!