Sunday, May 16, 2010

Redirected Prayers

My grandparents were going to come out to Omaha last week but unfortunately, my grandpa had some health issues and they weren't able to make it. Initially, they were going to make it out for Jackson's Pre-K graduation. Jackson was so excited and when I told him Great Grandpa was sick, he immediately started praying that great grandpa would feel better so he could come to his graduation. Well, the night before his graduation his prayer went like this.....

"Please bless Great Grandpa will feel better and that Great Grandpa and Great Grandma will be able to drive fast to make it to my pre-school graduation."

Mitch and I just looked at each other.....Crap! What are we going to say??!?

ME: "Honey, Great Grandpa & Great Grandma aren't going to make it. Great Grandpa is not feeling better. I'm sorry."

JACK: "But Why? I prayed for him."

Break my heart!!! We then explained that all prayers aren't answered always the way we want. We told him maybe Great Grandpa could make it to his Zoo Kindergarten graduation next year.

The next day he graduated....
And that night his prayer, word for word was:

"Dear Heavenly Father, Please bless great grandpa can feel better so he can come to my zoo kindergarten graduation. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

So, Grandpa....we hope you get better quick, even though you have over a year to make it for his zoo kindergarten graduation!

3 comments:

Mark and Heather said...

That's so sweet. I guess Grandy and Grandpa know what they are doing next May. :) It was good to see you for a minute this weekend. The party was fabulous!

The Peterson's said...

He has the most tender heart.

Marianne said...

Boo for kids getting older - Yay for them doing it so sweetly and cute! We miss you guys!